Friday 21 October, 2011

Get Conscious - It Does The Trick!

A working woman in her 30’s, employed in the IT industry, staying single in the city – a hectic lifestyle is characteristic of this species, having to manage work, life and health all by herself. I am one of these, and sometimes I wonder how I am managing it all! My day starts early, at 6 am, and after endless meetings in office and calls (a term for telephonic conferences in this industry) with overseas teams after reaching back home at night, the latest around the world on TV (and sometimes the saas-bahu soaps for a dose of fun), there is nothing more I can think of doing than plopping in bed. In this crammed up schedule, where is the time to think about cooking healthy meals, exercising, taking care of your skin and hair?

Well, it was about 4 years back, when I had put on a whopping 10 kgs of weight during my stay in London (yes, I had indulged) that I realized I needed to get ‘health-conscious’ . I had to be conscious about what I ate, drank, my lifestyle, habits and a bit of physical exercise (I know…it can be quite a lot to start with, but believe me, it is not that difficult afterwards). I did lose those sinful 10 kgs in about 6 months, and have maintained my weight since, with no health problems to complain of so far. And inspite of my superheroic schedule, healthy living is embedded in my routine now

If you believe in healthy living, you can do it too….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.